I know things have been quiet around here...for multiple reasons. The first being that I never know where the camera is--I haven't taken any project pictures in more than a month! I do know its current location, so I promise to rectify this tomorrow. In the meantime, though, I know a blog with no pictures can be boring. I will address this next time!
One of the other reasons is a big one. I didn't want to speak too soon, just in case, but we're having a baby! (If you know me IRL and you're just hearing this now, I apologize! I probably just haven't run into you in the last week or so.) I am about 8 1/2 weeks along, and am due in mid-July. So far I'm not feeling too bad--I've had a bit of cramping and some extremely light spotting, but it's apparently within normal parameters (I have had to give up my yoga class, because twisting makes the cramps worse, and my back is already hurting a lot, but am looking forward to starting prenatal yoga within a month or two.) Mainly I've just been really tired, and I've already had to retire two of my three pairs of jeans, even though I've only gained about a pound. Last Thursday I had my first nurse appointment, and they did an ultrasound to check my due date--I was so relieved to see and hear the heartbeat, and see a little arm. :) After the appointment, I finally felt comfortable telling people outside of my immediate family. I'm still not completely out of the woods yet--I'll be feeling much, much better by this time next month, when I'm officially in my second trimester and have had my first OB appointment.
I have had to cut back on the singing already, unfortunately--I wasn't sure how I'd be feeling, and there really was only one audition that I was interested in, so I decided not to go back to New York this month. I'm still not sure if I'm going to do any competitions this winter (it'll depend on when they are!)--if not, I'll pretty much be at home until this time next year. I do hope to record a few things over the next few months, since I don't have to prepare for anything in particular.
No comments:
Post a Comment