*Another salient moment from toddler TV: the title character in the Clifford cartoon is voiced by John Ritter. When I finally figured out where I recognized the voice from, I became very sad. Can you believe he's been dead for ten years, this month?! I watched way too much Three's Company as a child (I know...why was that on Saturday afternoon syndication?!), and he's right up there with Susan Lucci and Tom Selleck in my early childhood TV pantheon. I also have been known to say "Joyce DeWitt wants her outfit back" when I see a grown woman in a romper.
*Rosina refused to leave the house yesterday morning, so it was a bit of a jammy-jam day for us. We did stop by the library and Costco after Mark got home. It's amazing how she alternates between being heartbreakingly sweet and just irrationally cranky. I guess people aren't kidding when they say two-year-olds are like teenagers. At least I can still throw her over my shoulder if I need to remove her from a situation--hard to do that with a fifteen-year-old!
*Made a frittata in a cast-iron skillet again. This is such a brilliant idea. I used to make quiche fairly frequently, but this method is SO much faster. I don't miss the yummy pie crust if I don't think about it too much... On the menu for tonight: chili with ground turkey, possibly with cornbread (oh Jiffy, I love you so, even though you contain lard...). I meant to soak some beans overnight, but I forgot, so I started them in the crockpot at 8:30 this morning so they'll be ready to toss in the chili tonight. This will preempt my using the crockpot for the chili, but I suppose that's not a big deal. Two pounds of Great Northern beans in the freezer ought to last us a while!
*Finished the sample project and sewing the ends in on the sweater. I am currently swatching and trying to decide on a baby sweater pattern. I would like to finish the socks I'm working on as well, but that sweater needs to get in the mail ASAP!
*Starting to make final plans for the baby shower trip this weekend. We need to make a hotel reservation, mainly. I will be making a trip to Trader Joe's for some yummy party items. (Like I need an excuse to go to Trader Joe's.) And now all I need is to mention my German car--and yup, this is a completely yuppie post. On second thought, there is nothing yuppie about Three's Company...
No comments:
Post a Comment