Thursday, March 27

Go home, Winter; you're drunk

What's that? Somebody on the East Coast complaining about the interminable winter? Oh, how novel... I suppose we must really be done now, in this state at least, but even two days ago there was a possibility for snow. Jeez. 

Right around the time of my last post I got a sample to knit, and it was more time-consuming than I'd assumed, even before a few minor issues came up. My wrists were killing me! While the body was blocking, I dashed off some chemo caps and some tawashi for a swap, then jumped right back in. As soon as I finished that I knit two pairs of socks during the Olympics (that seems so long ago!). Then I finished my Temperature Scarf and a Pinwheel Sweater for Rosina, all while dealing with a much heavier workload than normal (yay extra pay, boo extra hours spent Googling). Also, there has been some snow in the past two months. 


At least she looks happy about it...

Anyway. So things are okay here--ups and downs, I guess. Neck issues, eating too much junk, and I just caught a cold from Rosina. At least I know it will be brief...  I finally broke down and started a Color Affection, while I was on a garter stitch kick. And my next project will be another thing I said I'd never knit: a fingering-weight cardigan. It will take a LONG time, and I haven't picked a pattern yet, but we are planning some serious road trips this summer, so it should keep me out of trouble. I got a huge cone of (I think) LB 1878 from my parents for my birthday last year, so free sweater!

Speaking of my birthday, it is in nine days. It is a prime-number birthday, which is not a cool thing in my dork mind. I'm thinking about making it a Selfie Month--"this is what a prime-number-year-old looks like", or whatever. I guess I need the boost!  We shall see. 

No comments: