Friday, March 28

I guess I was pissed off...

Last night I was thinking about Hobby Lobby, and this was a quick search away:




You know you all needed this in your life.  Madeline Kahn, you were the awesomest of the awesome.  And seriously, when women's health is in the news, Madeline Kahn. :(

So everybody has that person in their life who thinks they are the first person in the world to ever go through a completely normal life event, right?  I am dealing with this right now. I want to give this person the benefit of the doubt, but everything they do is getting SO ANNOYING to me, to a nearly irrational degree.  Do I need to get a grip?  Perhaps.  Do they need to stop acting like they have discovered The New World, when there were already people living there?  Hells yes.

My annoying work project will apparently be an ongoing one, but the initial frenzy is over, so my hours will be more normal for the time being.  There have been a lot of changes in a very short time (our office has even moved, to a part of town that will make my commute, once resumed, about 15 minutes longer--not even counting the obscene morning traffic between here and there--but our old area was just not safe at night anymore, plus the new building apparently has a consistently-working HVAC, so that's nice), but I think they are all for the better. The person I used to work for/with was capricious and unpredictable--though he never had anything but good things to say about my work--and the new people are, well, normal? I should not be pleasantly surprised when people act consistently, and are actually friendly! Also, a few years ago one of them provided our office with the best brownie recipe EVER. I mean that. The secret ingredient: pistachios. One of these days, when I see a good deal on pistachios, I am going to make them, and will attempt to not eat all of them in one sitting. They were SO GOOD. 

To sign off on a happy note, because we are all sick here (even Mark, who is the most helpless and annoying sick person ever, bless him) here's a blurry picture of Rosina in bunny ears. She thought it was hilarious when I pretended not to recognize her...




3 comments:

Renee Anne said...

Madeline Kahn was quite fabulous :)

Nik said...

Rosina is so grown up now. Now *I* want bunny ears, too.

Jennifer said...

Target! They were in the dollar area; I can't remember if they were $1 or $3. They're a bit snug, but they do fit an adult.