There's a reason I haven't knit the Baby Surprise Jacket in many years...I forgot how this damn thing sucks your soul. It's for one of Mark's coworkers who's due in October, so I do have some time, but man, this is boring. Oh, and I'm using sport-weight acrylic. Every time I work on an acrylic project for any real amount of time, I remember how I dislike working with it. I need to stick with cotton for baby stuff!
Yesterday I realized that Rosina was taking Got Your Nose very seriously--not that she was upset, but that I think she actually believed it a bit. I felt bad and had to let her in on the secret. :)
Reasons My Child Is Crying (one of these days I may even submit a photo):
-We wouldn't let her lick a table knife.
-I flushed before letting her inspect the contents. My contents, that is. Want to see your poopeeee!
-We wouldn't let her play with a cheap toy badminton racket--one from which the head is easily removed, exposing a sharp spike (seriously, this thing is
Bag O' Glass territory...)
Tomorrow I finally have the appointment with the GYN surgeon, and I'm glad Mark is able to make it. I'm not planning on making any decisions any time soon, but I did write a blog post the other day (unfortunately eaten by the Interwebs) where I mentioned reading a lot about the side effects of having a hysterectomy or oophotectomy at my age. They're pretty dire, honestly. I mean, if I'm basically on hormone replacement already--without the literal years taken off my life expectancy, given the immediately increased risks of stroke, heart disease, osteoporosis, cancer--than I may as well keep things the way they are, with maybe some laparoscopic surgery to clean things up a bit. (Bonus: three days' recovery time, versus six weeks!) a That said, I don't think I'm seeing any changes since going back on the old meds. My followup with the RE isn't for three weeks--and I STILL haven't heard from the nutritionist that's supposed to call me!--so who knows. If I think too much about it all, I get pretty upset--not having control over my body's even basic systems, fear of gaining even more weight, diabetes of course (I know my bloodwork came back fine--but I still feel like a ticking timebomb). Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment