Tuesday, April 28

I will always love you...

George Michael.  For as long as I can remember, even when it was not cool at all to admit it.  This song!  This video!  Christy Turlington, guys!!



I actually forgot our two other health crises since the fall--mostly because they were resolved fairly quickly.  Two ER trips!  The Monday before Thanksgiving, I was draining pasta and managed to spill boiling water all over my right thigh. It happened too late in the day to get to Urgent Care, but in the morning my doctor couldn't treat it due to the infection risk, so I ended up at the ER (on a Tuesday afternoon, so luckily it didn't take long). The burn was the size of both my hands together, in the shape of an a Enterprise comm badge. (Still is, LOL.) It was pretty awful for the first four or five days--I never knew how much burns sucked--but it did heal pretty quickly. My doctor was even impressed at my healing abilities! 

The second trip was for Rosina, poor thing. In February (luckily just before we got all that snow!), I was making dinner, again, when she tripped over Mark's foot and split the underside of her chin. She clearly needed stitches, but when we got her to Urgent Care they had to send us to a pediatric ER so she could be sedated. She wasn't in a lot of pain, which was a good thing because we had to wait forever--we got through triage right away, but spent four hours in the waiting room, then two more in an ER bay before the process started. She was such a trouper, and even got a little loopy from the sedative. Five stitches! We got home at exactly 4:00 A.M. The scar is in a pretty good spot, at least...

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm glad you and Rosina are both recovering from your badass scars... And I just want to say that Freedom '90 might be the best video ever. Or possibly Too Funky. I can't decide.

Jennifer said...

Too Funky, also extremely stylish, and kind of conceptual... Can you imagine if we'd been adults with gay male friends at that time?!