Tuesday, April 20

So everybody seems to be slacking on their pages lately... I will try not to let this happen here. I'm sure my entries will decrease a bit once I'm not in school anymore, but I'll do my best.

The big news here is that we've decided to postpone my recital for a few weeks. Things were just not going as smoothly as we thought they would, and (as you know) I've been freaking out since my rocky recital jury. Yesterday in my lesson my teacher brought it up (she assumed I was a bit too fragile to bring it up before, which was astute of her) and we had a serious discussion about it. As long as I do it before the summer sessions are over it's not a problem, but I'd like to get it done in May (my accompanist will be gone during June). So we're laying the really hard, scary Strauss aside and doing a Wagner set that I really wanted to do anyway. Now all I have to do is learn a handful of new songs in the next few weeks...

No comments: