Just got word today that I have an audition in New York in early December. Yay! I only know one other person who's ever sung for them, so this is good. Now all I have to do is work up my scary Barber aria again, and I'll be all set.
It looks like I'll be down here for Thanksgiving, and will come up to New York the following week, or possibly that weekend, depending on what other companies feel like I deserve an audition.
Damn, I have a lot of music to learn...I did get my first scene assignment for Sarasota, by the way--Act III quartet from La Boheme. A role I never thought I'd be cast in, but whatever. Gorgeous music, and pretty easy, actually.
What else is new? Well, Saturday we did our first round of registry, here. Nobody ever told me how long it would take! But it was pretty fun--shopping for things we probably won't get (i.e. the Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer in Empire Red, Mark's baby), using the little scanner gun... I'm still not clear on the Etiquette (capital E) of the whole registry thing. I mean, I know you're not supposed to put it on the invitations, of course, but apparently everybody in the family is supposed to pretend they know nothing about it. Rather, the bridesmaids are supposed to relay that information. Hello, we all live in different STATES, okay? So I'm gonna consult The Knot, but I don't think it's some sort of cardinal sin to tell people to shop for you at a particular store. I mean, come ON.
No comments:
Post a Comment