God, I am such a slackass! I go to the library a few times a week (so I can actually type and view pictures and other things which are impossible on my ancient computer with dialup and a temperamental spacebar) and I always open up Blogger to create a new post, then find I have nothing interesting to write about. Which isn't entirely true--I just feel unmotivated, I guess.
For those of you who weren't there, the wedding was a success--everybody seemed to have a good time and we were relaxed enough to enjoy the day. Unfortunately I had a nasty cold which left me completely hoarse for the wedding, the honeymoon and the following week. So I was finally better for about a week when Mark got sick (presumably from work). And this morning I woke up with the telltale sore palate/postnasal thing. Wonderful. Especially with this show going on. Oh, yeah, I'm singing in the chorus for this local show--our rehearsals start tonight--but about ten days ago the artistic director of the company asked me to cover this small part--another dramatic mezzo thing which I'll probably never sing again--so I've been working on learning that as well. And my first lesson in FIVE MONTHS is Thursday. I have been needing one so desperately. We're going out to lunch first to get all the talking part out of the way. And all this hinges upon whether I am actually sick, or if this is just allergies. I'm not taking any chances--I've just washed all the bedding, and one of us may take the couch tonight (DAMN! forgot to buy Lysol). I am NOT getting sick again--this would be the third time in six weeks, which leads me to believe that it's some really bad bacterial thing. Luckily I have insurance now (!!!!!!!)--though I haven't gotten my card yet--so if I wake up tomorrow completely stuffed up I am immediately making an appointment. Mark is headed to the doctor tomorrow anyway...
Enough about being sick! I get a little obsessive... Anyway, so we went to Cancun for the honeymoon. None of the pictures do it justice--the water is really Kool-Aid turquoise. We spent most days at the resort, sitting by the pool/beach and drinking daiquiris, though we did spend a morning in downtown Cancun. And we took a looong bus ride to Chichen-Itza--but it was worth it. We climbed that famous pyramid. Which was scary, actually--the steps are really steep, so most people crawl down on their butts (including us). But it was really cool. And our hotel room was nice, too--fantastic view AND a whirlpool tub. And the food was pretty good--though we were starting to get sick of it. Breakfast was definitely the best meal.
2 comments:
You're back! I was thinking of sending out a search party!! :P Sounds like you had a good time in Mexico, and several excellent breakfasts...
Yaaayy, you're back!! Glad you had a good time in Cancun... and feel better, both of you!
Post a Comment