I just read in the SUNY-B alumni newsletter that tarte cosmetics was created by a fellow alum. Cool company philosophy, paired with fun products! And it's all available at Sephora. Maybe I'll visit tomorrow. I have purposely avoided entering the Sephora in my local mall, intuiting that I would not have the willpower to leave without spending vast amounts of cash. But I had to buy some gel eyeliner for the apprentice program, so last November I dared to enter. I later explained the experience this way to Mark: "You know that scene in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when they enter the candy garden? Well, it's a lot like that, except it's makeup and perfume and candles and stuff..." And guess what? I left the store with some excellent Stila gel liner and nothing else. So maybe I can handle it. :)
The weekend of shows went well--we got terrible, vindictive reviews (well, I didn't--I suppose my part was too small for them to think of anything nasty to say, though both reviewers said I was a mezzo so they must not have even LOOKED at my bio) which we were all extremely pissed about, but considering how tumultuous the production was I'd say we did really well. My next step: work on that role I'm supposedly being considered for, get my "five" (arias, for auditons) worked out for next fall, and eek! get a job, somehow. My first step is to call up all the community music schools in the county and see if they have any openings for teachers. If that doesn't work, well, I may have to get a part-time day job--which I suppose wouldn't be that bad, but my resume overqualifies me for everything, plus I haven't had a steady office job in like, twenty months. I'm not sure how it will all work out. Maybe I should just get a job at Sephora. Dangerous...
1 comment:
Two posts in one week? I'm gonna faint!!! I thought we lost you there for a while...
;P
Post a Comment