Friday, September 30

The clandestine WiFi at my house vanished about a week ago--hence no updates. I apologize.

My dress rehearsal last night went pretty well. My cast--with a few minor exceptions--is very talented, and at least one of my costumes is totally cute. The problem--ah, yes, of course there's a problem--is that goddamn f$#%ing aria again. The conductor will not take my tempo. I tried to sing it faster last night, to no avail--he just would not follow me. I really must speak to him before the performance tomorrow--unless he wants me to have to breathe in the middle of a word again. This is very upsetting to me. I had a lesson/pep talk on Tuesday, where we realized that yes, of course I can sing the aria--it's a matter of nerves and shit, the tempo. He's just doing it too damn slow for me. That's all there is to it.

ANYWAY, it's been a busy few weeks--this Wednesday was my first day off singing in over two weeks. Sundays were supposed to be our days off, but last Sunday I sang for a brunch at this swanky restaurant (and got free lunch--mmm, yummy chewy tiny tentacles in my ceviche), and the Sunday before that I got to sing in this fabulous masterclass. So it's all been for a good cause. I've also made a recording to send out for auditions (and got to put sound files on my website--FINALLY!), am working furiously on a short-sleeved ribbed green V-neck hoodie (which I hope comes out okay--I'm kind of improvising) and have become slightly addicted to The Sims. Plus there's my boo, who is none the worse for having several thousand dollars of periodontal work done on Wednesday. He is my rock, as usual.

Jeez, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself after the show is over...although the kitchen floor hasn't been mopped in AGES...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you can figure something out with that accompanyist. You hear that people are used to opera divas making unreasonable demands, and this seems like a very reasonable demand, so they should definitely listen to you...

And you sound *fabulous* on your Web site, as expected!