Been a busy little bee lately. My part-time job has turned into 24 hours a week, and we started rehearsals for the outreach opera again last night--though I'll only have two more before a performance on Feb. 9. I'm working on the green sweater again, though I decided against the hoodie in favor of a cute off-the-shoulder number (that's like my favorite website, too, by the way). I'm almost done, I think.
I'm also trying to learn a shitload of new music--Pagliacci rehearsals start in a month, and though I have a feeling I won't be called upon to cover, I will certainly be ready. Ooh, marital infidelity and spousal abuse! The opera does run a bit like a Lifetime movie. Or Maury. Anyway, I'm also starting to work on this other role, which I'm not allowed to talk about because, well, I've been precast. Let's just say it's the title character in an immensely famous opera, and it's actually my voice type, unlike all the other stuff I end up singing. I've known about it since November, actually, but I'm still excited--and humbled. All the greats have sung this, famously, and there will be comparisons made. And it's very challenging dramatically. So I've been working on the famous aria (which, despite its fame, only has a few touchy spots) and will bring that to my lesson tomorrow (which is also a little scary). Provided that goes well, I'll be singing the aria two weeks from now for a dinner held by another opera company who's also doing this opera next year. Play my cards right and they might let me cover. And they pay. So I guess things are going well.
Also--doctor's appointment next Monday. Paxil? Welbutrin? Anyone care to place bets? :)
2 comments:
That sweater is ADORABLE. I am so jealous of your mad knitting skilz.
It sounds like singing is going really well right now, that's awesome. As far as the doctor's appointment, let us know. I think antidepressants are both really good and really questionable- listen to your body, and don't be afraid to tell your doctor about side effects and stuff like that!
XOXO
Post a Comment