Friday, February 24

Yech, kind of crummy audition today. I mean, it was okay, but it certainly wasn't the best singing I'd ever done. Breathing in odd places, feeling out-of-body, etc. I have a performance tonight as well (two arias, friendly audience, relatively low stress), after which I will greatly welcome not having to sing for people for a few weeks. Damn, forgot about the wedding next weekend--my voice teacher's. That oughta be fun. Well, at least it's a trio, and I'm the lowest voice so it's a little less to worry about. I really need to get my performance anxiety under control. I'm starting to feel like it's taken over my brain. I will make a doctor's appointment for next week, probably Friday, and maybe he will have some suggestions. I don't think feeling like this is normal, and I'm pretty sure it's chemical, not psychological. I am the queen of rhythmic breathing, after all.

I'm still feeling a bit distracted about my mother's surgery, as well. Just generally out of sorts.

Okay, I really need to eat, now that it's two o'clock. Hey, maybe that's why I feel so crappy! ...

1 comment:

Helen said...

Hugs to your mom, and you while you're worrying about her! How is she feeling??

And, damn, that skater does look like you!