sI just realized how ungrateful I sounded in that last post. Um, hello, I get to perform, and people pay to see me... But I was just gettting really frustrated. The show actually went okay--whether that's because things actually did turn the corner, or because I just got really Zen about it, is anybody's guess. I did have a blast going out after the opening performance--gay bar, drag show, IHOP, coming home at three in the morning reeking of smoke. It was a nice way to blow off some steam.
Last week my beloved car broke down--it was a really minor issue (and luckily cheap to fix), but she was out of commission for three days so I had to take the bus home from work and depend on Mark for transportation. And now the driver's side door handle has completely broken off, so I have to open the door from the inside while sitting in the back seat. We're planning to visit my parents this weekend, partly to get the handle replaced and partly so I can use my mother's sewing machine. :) She is doing well, apparently, but I haven't seen her since the surgery so it will be good to go down there.
So things are slowing down a bit, but there are piles of laundry to do (this afternoon, promise!) and I'm working on some new music. We also just found out that Mark's brother and his wife are expecting their second baby in October, so I worked up this adorable hooded baby sweater. I wish I had thought to make it for Suli! Anyway, the craftiness rolls on. Mark has been thinking about getting into model ship building, in fact. Apparently I am rubbing off on him...
1 comment:
I didn't think you sounded ungrateful before. They're very lucky to have you, and you have every right to be particular! Sorry to hear about your car -- the situation sounds very Dukes of Hazzard right now (have you tried sliding through the window?).
Post a Comment