The other day Mark and I were paying a visit to the Evil Empire (he needed hickory chunks to smoke a pork shoulder) and these actual words passed from my lips:
Ooh, what a cute ottoman! Mark, don't you think that ottoman is cute?
And while yes, it was indeed a cute ottoman (small, oval-shaped, and you could store things inside), it struck me as an extremely yuppie thing to say. This, coupled with my affinity for "soft rock" stations--and the fact that I ordered a carafe of red wine while at a trendy new bar downtown last week--do not bode well... I think I'm getting old, guys!
I have more in me, I'm sure, but it can wait until tomorrow...
1 comment:
"We've got a pretty nice little Saturday planned... we're going to go to Home Depot, and maybe Bed, Bath and Beyond, too, if we have time."
Dude, I just bought a bunch of mid-rise pants because I'm sick and tired of the trendy, ill-fitting low-rise ones -- I'm totally old too!
Post a Comment