I suppose I've been able to dodge the bullet for too long...but now my brother has inadvertently put my mother into Grandma Overdrive. He and his girlfriend went to Dave and Buster's and got a composite picture showing what their baby would look like. The result was surprisingly un-creepy, and looked a whole lot like one of Jeff's baby pictures. When my mother saw it, it was as if a switch flipped in her brain. She's even starting to worry about the six hundred miles between her and her future grandchildren, should my brothers stay in New York. (And Mark and I obviously won't be a two-hour drive from her forever, either.) Blech. She did say that there wasn't any pressure on me--and she knows about my lady issues, and that it won't be easy for us--but still, blech.
So tomorrow is the day I would've debuted as Madama Butterfly... My friend S. is singing it, and she's awesome, so I have no sour grapes about it or anything. But I wasn't exactly looking forward to seeing the show, knowing what could have been if I hadn't changed voice types. I think I'm finally at the point where I can see the show without being upset about it it. (Just in time!)
This Week in Knitting: I'm almost done with the back of the tank top--just have to do the straps. There'll be a few rows in garter stitch for the edging...and then I need to start thinking about these alleged flutter sleeves. I have the Vogue Stitchionary with all the lace patterns, so it'll be a matter of trying out different things. I may do something with drop stitches and increases--so it'll bell out while still being sheer-ish. Still have to work that out...
No comments:
Post a Comment