Monday, May 7

Knitting updates...


There's Reduce Reuse Recycle from this month's MagKnits. I ran out of brown bags, but I got a whole bunch of them from my coworkers today so I should be able to finish, and may even make another. My only complaint: the plastic is a little hard on your hands. But if that's thirty shopping bags that don't hit the landfill, isn't it worth it?



And there's the steering wheel cover, which I have dubbed Super-kawaii (which is "super cute in Japanese!" for the non-Gwen Stefani fans). It's too pink and pastel and fluffy not to remind me of a Sanrio character. I did have to frog the whole thing the first time out (not big enough!), but it only took a few hours to make... If you look closely you will see 1. the huge crack in my windshield; 2. I have 180,000 miles on my car. Wunderbar.

The Jeopardy! audition grows nearer and nearer... I've re-memorized the Constitutional Amendments in order (I guess the 1994 cramming session for Chucky LaRockyalikeahurricane's class didn't stick so well as you'd think) and know my way pretty well around South America, Southeast Asia and Africa, but I do need to work more on British royal history and, well, anything that used to be Soviet or a Soviet satellite. I get especially confused with the former Yugoslavia. Too many tiny countries! I just hope I do well enough to pass the preliminary test--I think the interview section shouldn't be a problem!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome bag-of-bags! (And are those your hydrangeas? They're gorgeous!) Your steering wheel cover is also waaay too cute. I kind of want to eat it.

Good luck on the Jeopardy! audition, not that you need it. You were born for this. :)

Jennifer said...

The hydrangea is ours, but it's one my parents got us for our anniversary--the one from last year has buds but it hasn't bloomed yet.

I can totally make you a steering wheel cover. (Totally.) Just send me the circumference of your steering wheel.

Evelyn said...

I was on Jeopardy this season. Did you pass an online test? Then my advice to you would be not to worry too much about content, and pay more attention to your presentation skills in the game-play/interview portion of the audition. They know you know stuff. Now they want to see if you can speak up with a strong clear voice, stand up and answer at the same time, follow instructions, and basically project a pleasant personality. They will want a nice answer to what you would do if you won big bucks. (pay off bills? Not interesting. Travel to the south of France? Better. The answer doesn't have to be true!)

Evelyn said...

Ah, an opera singer! You should do great in the interview portion then! I saw people at my interview who were asked to speak energetically who just couldn't do it, and who were leaning against a wall while being interviewed. That should not be a problem for you! Good luck!