Tuesday, July 10

I am for some reason completely taken by the idea of a sexy, form-fitting aran sweater right now. I know it's not traditional, but I refuse to wear anything baggy. Maybe I can find a conventional aran pattern and add short rows and a scoop or V-neck to it, or use a plain pattern and make it aran--but I already spend way too much time tinkering with patterns. I would like to actually follow a pattern come scritto for once (though whatever the pattern, I would make it 3/4-sleeved instead of long-sleeved)... Does anyone know of such a pattern? No rush, of course--I'm already kind of buried right now. (Though I have a feeling this is not just a whim.)

Okay, now I need to get to that Rossini aria...but before I forget, there are two new swaps you may be interested in: The Knit One, Tea Too Exchange (knitting and tea, yay) and Secret Pal 11! Will Mark kill me if I do both of these? SP11 is kind of a lot of money, but I've already preliminarily (is that a word?) signed up for it. I love buying gifts for people, and I love surprises, so these may be my new Achilles' heel...

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

The "Rusted Root" pattern is fitted, and has a little cable pattern on it - not aran, but cute. Also, on the Knit and Tonic site, she has a pattern called "Sizzle" which is fitted, but plain.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

I like zigzag on knitty. I guess it's not technically an aran, but it's sexier.

Anonymous said...

You're having something very similar in mind to what I'd love to be knitting for next winter - I'll have a look through the free patterns I've collected and will let you know if I find something suitable, okay?