Where do I go from there? I suppose there's no beating that news... Though Miss Cathy is blogging again, which is always a good thing. Visit her often! She is very wise.
I didn't have as much time as I'd thought to knit on the California trip (and much of the time was after I'd been up for many, many hours), but I did get a chance to finish one of the Holey Socks:

They're pretty, but I'm glad I'm not making them for myself--they give me total "cankles". My grandmother is blissfully above such concerns, and I think she'll like these.
And the pillow is progressing, but as before, it's pretty slow going:

This will need mucho blocking. I realized this afternoon that I've reversed the colors, which is annoying but not really that big a deal, I guess. I'm planning something different (and easier!) for the bottom section of the envelope, particularly because much of it will be covered.
More tomorrow! (I'm off of work, in a perhaps-vain attempt to eradicate this awful jet lag, and to finally get that damn Wagner aria learned! So unmotivated...)
3 comments:
Wow wow wow! I can't wait to see the Jeopardy episode! We're going to tape it.
I can't believe how beautiful that pillow is, and that's it's for me! You are a crocheting goddess!
And on another note, what are cankles???
XOXOXOXO
PS- The word in my word verification box ("nkaumq")has a very strange resemblance to the work "nikmaq" (neeg-a-mah)or family in Mikmaq, which seems very appropriate for this post...
Helen, dearest, it's knitting, but there's no reason you would know that. :) And also, "cankles" are what jerkoff sizist men call it when a heavy woman's calf blends into her ankle. I do not have cankles, but the socks are not flattering to my ankles. Not that I generally think about wearing ankle-flattering clothing, but you get the idea. That's such a bizarre coincidence about the word verification!
Post a Comment