Better news: I won a contest! Check out Darcy's blog to see what I won. Isn't it pretty?
Still trying to distract myself. I finished the Swallowtail, and it's lovely.

I am an awful photographer. I love the way it came out, though it's a bit too small for my purposes. I can definitely wear it as a scarf.
Also, I'm crocheting.

This is the beginnings of FrouFrou from Stitch & Bitch: The Happy Hooker. I haven't seen a whole lot of successful FOs on Ravelry, but there was a significant error in the pattern (caught in the errata). I'm using Sirdar Country Style DK, a synthetic/wool blend that my mother bought a whole mess of at a charity thrift shop. It's really nice--certainly nicer than Wool-Ease, probably as nice as Encore. If Encore cost 10 cents for a 50-gram skein. 8) I do hope this pattern works out. It's nice to crochet for a change of pace. And hooray for big hooks!
...Well, I just got off the phone with my father, and he thinks the estimate sounds way too high--especially considering he could fix it in a parking lot in a few minutes. So I have to call the shop for an itemized estimate, and my father will find out the price of the part, and he may just come up tomorrow. I am hopeful. I feel like a weight has lifted, actually.
So I'll sign off and take care of all that. But here's a quiz. I don't know about the whole "athletic" part, but I think this is actually pretty accurate. What do you all think? :)

P.S. I assume you've all heard about the alleged "high school pregnancy pact"? My first thought upon hearing about it was, What if I had done that in high school? My baby would look like a slow loris! LOL, Cathy...
1 comment:
I just clicked on "slow loris" and seeing the word "nycticebus" in print actually did make me laugh out loud...
I'm so behind on everything, your blog included! We're moving into the new/old house July 25, and everything is NUTS until then. I feel like I could sleep for a solid 36 hours if I had the chance!
Post a Comment