Thursday, February 12

Pictures, as promised.


Since it's Friday, the pencil case I finished a few weeks ago for HELPSudan. I need to get this into the mail, along with this chemo cap I've had hanging around for a while...


The obligatory secret sock for Mark for Valentine's Day. Unlike most yarn husbands, my reporter other half is incredibly observant (except when it comes to the pile of his shoes in the living room--seriously, baby, the shoe racks in the bedroom closet were your idea!). I have just one row left on the second sock! I don't usually (read: never) block socks, but these will need a bit; I dropped a stitch on the heel of the second sock and didn't notice it until about thirty rows later, so there's a nice tight spot up the back of the ankle that I have to work out.


Here's my Versatility, still blocking. I've put a few buttons on and played with the ribbon a bit, but I'm not sure... I left off almost two whole repeats to conserve yarn, but I'm short so that's not the problem. The cardigan look is OK, but kind of snug. (I'm not small-busted, in case you haven't noticed, and my shoulders are on the wider side. Oh, that and my arm fat. :'p) The shrug definitely looks better on me unbuttoned (here I could've used another repeat!), but I haven't figured out how to tie the ribbon so it looks cute like in the pictures... I haven't tried the "sleeves" option yet, but in my experience that is not a good look for me. It does make a nice wide cushy scarf.


Awesome! And it only took five months. I really love this. I can't help noticing the odd spot near the center, which showed up in other pictures, too... I have looked it over several times, and I can't find a mistake, so I'm going to let it go.


The cabled jacket, finally finished. I would show the back, but Mark didn't take any pictures of it (I wasn't feeling well and was in a bad mood, which turned into some drama, so I wasn't really in the position to ask for more pictures). I am generally satisfied with it, but will probably add a few hook-and-eye closures, especially to the collar (which is supposed to stand up straighter).

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow!! Those all look awesome! I am in awe of that sweater and the Versatility! I don't think I'd have the patience for either. Happy <3 Day!

Anonymous said...

Soooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

What great projects! The shawl looks beautiful, and I had to search for the thing you were talking about on the back. Cute cardigan too!