Thursday, February 5

Stuff kept happening, and I ran out of time to blog! This was my post from Monday:
_____________________________________________
Wendy had this cute meme on her blog, so I stole it:

Use the first letter of your name to find a word for each of the following:

Your Name - Jennifer
Four letter word - just
Boy name - Justin
Girl name - Jessica
Occupation - journalist
Color - jaune (French for yellow)
Beverage - juice
Something found in a bathroom - jojoba oil-infused conditioner
A Place - Jamaica
Reason for being late - jerk in an SUV cut me off!
Food - Ju-Ju-Bees
Something you shout - Jumping Jehosephat!
___________________________________________

And also, I wanted to write about this No S thing that Heather has been doing. I was skeptical--this medicine I take for PCOS completely screws with my blood sugar, and I really do feel like I need to eat snacks. But eventually I said what the hell, and have been doing it for nearly four weeks. I've discovered that I can actually do it, but I need to space out my meals differently--like, eat lunch at 1:30 instead of noon (I eat breakfast at my desk, and sometimes not until after 10). Also, I need to eat a bit more for breakfast than 80 calories of yogurt. Staying away from sugar is not really a problem (though when I have a headache, damn it all if I don't want chocolate), and neither is the seconds thing--I have this issue with salad dressing or sauce "contaminating" the other food on my plate, so I leave empty space on my plate where the salad would go. It's the snacks! I'm starting to get over it--and it's partly because I usually go seven hours between lunch and dinner--but I really feel the need to consume mass quantities in the late afternoon. Funny, usually a cup of tea will tide me over. Anyway, I may or may not have lost about two pounds. And certainly not because I've upped my activity level. So there's that.

In craft news, I have finally finished my cabled jacket, and just have to block and buy buttons for Versatility--and I've even all but finished my little acorn bag--but I have no pictures right now. I'm still working on the lace socks, plus I've started a new pair for Mark in leftover grey and light blue yarn (vanilla toe-up). And I've started a very simple scarf for Knit Your Bit.

2 comments:

Lauria said...

Maybe you're craving snacks in the afternoon because you're actually thirsty. I read somewhere that when you're hungry, it's often actually a signal for thirst and that we've ignored thirst so much that we don't even realize it when we are thirsty. So often if you're feeling hungry, just having soem water will make you feel better. (Besides, it also fills up some space in your tummy, so that's got to be good, right?)

I think that the Tea is a good compromise.

Jennifer said...

You know, on further thought, it might be the ritual of drinking the tea that makes the difference... I drink way too much water to actually be thirsty in the afternoon!