In craftiness, I have finally given up on that sweater I was trying to design. I just couldn't get the sizing right. I could've knit three sweaters in all the time I wasted just trying to make one. Totally leaving the designing to the pros for the moment. I've started some interesting socks for a birthday present for Mark (making them a bit bigger, since the sizing is way small as written), and am still working on these as my travel project (Devon, from Sock Innovation):

I'm almost done, so I'm going to need a new travel project soon (I can't use the other socks, since they'll be a surprise). I do have some Time Traveler Felici that I want to make into a cowl, and I have a few possible patterns in mind. (The stripes are going to be a bit narrow, since it's designed for socks, but it'll still work.) The other thing I'm working on is Spanish Armada, but it does require a bit of concentration, so I haven't worked on it in about two weeks. It's a long-term project, anyway. Oh, and I'm also making a cross-stitch Galo de Barcelos for my grandmother's birthday (she collects them); it's small, and I'm almost done but I ran out of red floss!
So I thought August was my busiest month this year, and perhaps it was, but things just keep coming! This weekend one of Mark's friends is flying in to visit, and we're having a barbecue; my brother's wedding is on September 18; I'm not even thinking about the October fiasco right now; then my other brother's daughter's baptism should be on November 20. Since I will be the godmother, Mark keeps telling me to watch the end of The Godfather for practice. I wonder who will do my whacking for me while I have the perfect alibi? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment