Monday, September 13

Yes, I have cheesy taste in music. I am addicted to melody and interesting chord progressions, and they just happen to appear often in 1970s glam/prog rock. Basically, if you are a musician, and you ever wore satin pants with a sequined dragon embroidered on them, I am probably a fan.



I had thought this song was by ELO, which I also like. But no, this is The Raspberries, fronted by the one and only Eric Carmen! I also just learned that Eric Carmen went to my husband's alma mater--and he was there at the same time as Tim Russert! Crazy.

Anyway, I totally meant to post on Friday, but I stayed off the computer after work. Things are heating up again--we leave on Wednesday afternoon for the wedding, and I've been taking care of some loose ends. (Oh, and there's some bridezilla-ness occurring. Also, I'm amazed how badly my future SIL spells. Then again, my mother managed THREE typos in the rehearsal dinner invitation, "rehersal" being one of them.) I'm also starting the holiday craftstravaganza...but believe me, there won't be much of it! I have pretty much decided I want to make an Advent calendar, kind of a cross between this and this (basically I want bird pockets). I have a yard or two of red fleece that I think will work really well with a few dowels, and I'll make the birds out of felt. This will probably be my main present to Mark, since he tells me he has enough socks for the time being. Damn, I wish he'd mentioned that before I decided to make them for his birthday...no matter, the Hat Heel socks are actually really cool. I'll make myself a pair someday--I think the construction works really well for higher arches.

No comments: