Wednesday, March 16

CIMG5183 by doctorgirlfriend
CIMG5183 a photo by doctorgirlfriend on Flickr.

I started this crocheted ripple afghan in January of 2010. Did I ever blog about it? I don't remember. I made it mainly to use up my nicer leftovers. When I got to 90 rows this past January, I finally decided it was done. (Partially because I was running out of leftovers, and partially because I wanted to start the baby blanket.) It's almost entirely wool and wool blends, from doubled sock yarn to cashmere to bulky Noro. It is very, very warm. I decided to make the ends fringe so I wouldn't have to sew them in, and added some extra cream yarn to bulk them up a bit. There are a few ends to sew in within the rows, but I'm not overly concerned. Overall, this was a great project to work on when I needed something relatively mindless, and is currently very practical since we keep our house at 64 degrees or less during the winter. (Winter's over here, but our house does run chilly.)

Doctor's appointment yesterday: uneventful. I got to pick up my Glucola for my next appointment, oh joy. I've still only gained two pounds (which I gather means I've sort of lost about twelve, in a way--who knew pregnancy would be an effective diet?!), and am hoping that means that I won't have to worry about gestational diabetes. The last things I want are 1. an enormous baby and 2. doctors hovering over me and judging my every choice, in that order. I think the main thing I'm doing is, well, not doing much differently. I just try to snack on dairy or protein instead of carbs. I did decide to take it easy on white sugar for Lent, but that's just lip service anyway--I'm really doing it so I can pass my glucose test, so I'll be left the hell alone! :) My birthday is between now and then, and our anniversary is the day after the test, but I'm not going to be a grinch about that.

Must run to a makeup yoga class, but here's a very bizarre link: crazy bra ads (the nipple one is particularly strange...ah, the '70s).

No comments: