Tuesday, March 29

If I had actually finished this post last week, I was going to talk about how lovely my neighborhood looks with the azaleas beginning to bloom and stuff...and then it got seriously bitch cold.  I scraped ice off my rear window this morning.  This weather is insane.  As I'm sure it is throughout the country, but whatever...

My lack of posts are mostly related to the fact that I am exhausted.  I've rarely gotten more than six hours of sleep a night total in the past two weeks, and it is beginning to wear on me.  I've been experimenting with afternoon naps, which have been antithetical to my nature since I can remember (ask my mother--it was not fun to have a two-year-old who refused to nap because she might miss something).  It does help, but I'm still a bit resistant... Also, I have been really hungry.  The baby is about a pound-and-a-half now, and I've still only gained three pounds.  Yay pregnancy diet, but jeez, I am feeling the need to consume mass quantities.  I bought a whole lot of cheese last week, so between that and cereal and oranges I am still trying to snack healthy...

Much finishing going on here!  The blanket is completely finished, finally, and the sweater just needs buttons.  (I will have pictures once Mark locates the camera.  This is an epidemic here.)  I'm also on the second sock of this pair:

CIMG5192

I think I mentioned that I frogged the cowl I made with Felici Time Traveler (since it wasn't warm enough) and decided to make another pair of Rainbow socks...  It's working out quite well.  I had to futz with the pattern for my gauge, but so far so good.  I'm halfway through the leg of the second sock now.  I'm also working on a lace shawl made from a frogged sweater--and am almost done already.  I need a bigger project! :)

No comments: