Friday, March 11

CIMG5190 by doctorgirlfriend
CIMG5190 a photo by doctorgirlfriend on Flickr.

Pictures!! It took a bit longer than expected, since the camera was absolutely dead... So this is a tiny February Baby Sweater I'm making for the nugget. (The nugget is a girl, by the way, hence the hot-pink sweater.) I just want something light for when we have to go to the grocery store or sit in air conditioning--and Berroco Comfort DK will be a good fiber choice, I think. I took measurements of a 3-6 month cardigan at the store, and sized the pattern down accordingly by knitting it on size 4s.

Speaking of the nugget, she is kicking me like crazy right now. I really don't mind it yet at this point (22 weeks), but eventually it may get old. I don't know yet... I've been doing a lot of research for our registry this week, and tonight Mark had a meeting so I went down to Target to scope out a few things (not for the first time, but this time I actually had a list, and Consumer Reports recommendations and stuff). Other than an infant carrier falling on my head (I thought it had drawn blood...), it was a relatively useful trip. And I may have purchased a tiny Beatles onesie that was on sale. I haven't bought anything else yet (though I'm in the process of making cloth wipes), so I thought it would be okay. They only had a teensy size, so maybe she can wear it home from the hospital. It is awesome.

In non-baby news, I actually got some good singing work done last month. I managed to squeeze in a new recording--one that actually sounds like me (though I suppose I'll never be completely satisfied)--and I coached the Verdi Requiem after learning it in record time. At the moment I'm learning Schumann's Frauenliebe und -Leben so I'll be prepared if I can actually schedule a lesson in the next two months. My voice is actually working just fine, and I got the okay to continue taking Prevacid (my reflux is bad enough when I'm not hatching a pod person). All I need to sing well is enough sleep!

Oh yes, and I've been plugging away on the blanket--I've got less than three repeats left, and then have to decide on a border. It's damn heavy at this point. I've also got a pair of socks on the needles... I decided to frog the cowl I made from my Felici Time Traveler (it was not nearly warm enough, cf. my sad chullo), and am making another pair of Rainbow Socks with the yarn. I'm making some modifications for gauge, and I really like the way the first sock is turning out.

No comments: