Tuesday, July 2

What I've been up to:

*The trip went fairly well, but we unfortunately were a little sleep-deprived--largely because Rosina doesn't sleep well in strange places, but also because of some really inconsiderate boneheads partying until three the night we stayed in the dorm.  We did get in everything, though.

*Trucking away on my big gift.  The sweater is on time out right now (I won't be able to wear it until late September, anyway, and I suspect it will be frogged).  I have another (large) gift project in the works, but I should have some help with this one.  Also, back on the sewing!  I finally hacked up my old bras to take in the bra band, and it seems to be working okay.  There were also multiple alterations to be made to Rosina's clothes.  I've since found even more things that need to be altered (she does bring the skinny), and I would like to finish the pillowcase dresses I'd promised myself to make for my nieces so my parents can bring them up after their visit next weekend.

*I have seemingly figured out how to play Sudoku, at long last, and I'm kind of hooked.  I have no idea why it took so long...

*We are so lucky to live in an area with so many inexpensive kid-friendly activities--especially during the summer.  I have taken Rosina to see two movies in the last week--Madagascar 3 last week (for free!) and Megamind this morning.  Today's was a little over her head, but last week's was a hit.  She is a fan of the "Afro Circus" song...

*Rosina had apparently been on a teething breather, but then late last week and this weekend the random crying started again.  Then I checked her mouth:  two canines broke through in like, three days!  And I know  she's working on the back molars, too--she's always got her whole hand in her mouth.

*Several months ago our neighbors gave us their great-grandchildren's old easel, but it was way too big for Rosina to use before she hits pre-K, so we gave that to a friend and bought a smaller one at IKEA.  She loves it so much!  I'm sitting by the easel right now, and she's drawn all these creepy proto-faces...It seriously looks like something out of a Japanese horror movie.  That or Miro.

*Hot flashes!  Ugh, this sucks.  My annual is scheduled for next week anyway, so we will have a nice talk about how to proceed for the next ten years...




1 comment:

Cathy said...

I missed your blog! I want to see Rosina's creepy proto-faces. :)