Thursday, January 2

Clothes horse

There is a huge kids' consignment sale happening in a few weeks, and before I decided whether or not to go, I needed to go through Rosina's closet. Well, provided we can make 2T clothes fit, this kid won't need a thing. Sneakers, maybe. Between a few things I've picked up piecemeal on clearance and some very generous hand-me-downs, she has enough clothing for two kids!  I think I counted 27 summer tops, just for this year. Now, some of them may not even get worn--if they fit too oddly (it happens with this one fairly frequently), or if I can't find a matching bottom--but still. I am very happy to have friends so generous with their kids' clothes, and am just as happy to pass our outgrown clothes to others. One lucky baby is going to get a really awesome raincoat someday soon...

I did neglect to mention that we did have a fun outing on Tuesday--lunch with the E family and their little E. :) Chips and salsa were consumed--Rosina can always be relied on to eat them, happily!  The little E is a fairly chill baby. Hooray for my friends whose really young babies are sleeping at night!  I don't know how I would've survived if Rosina weren't a good sleeper.   Seriously, if only getting seven hours makes me cranky, there might have been a homicide...

Made the pizza for dinner--with extra dough in the freezer, ready to go--and also got some bread started. It's going to be cold tomorrow, with a high just above freezing, and we have errands to run. It will be so nice to turn that oven to 450 and fill the house with the scent of yeasty goodness. (Okay, that sounded weird, but you know what I mean, right?)

Plans for the weekend? Well, I'd wanted to go to this bellydance workshop on Saturday, but I was waiting to see how my neck felt--I'll decide tomorrow. We'll definitely be taking down the tree and packing away all the holiday stuff. :/ I've been playing phone tag with F and R for a few weeks now, but I'll try again tomorrow--we haven't seen them in months!

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

I need to find a good consignment shop out here. Little Man is pretty rough on his pants (he's a boy, I expected that). I also need to get him some larger shorts. He's not quite ready for 4T but the 3T shorts are a bit snug on him.

Also, I tend to buy a few years out. I might be set until he goes to school.