I did finish the hat last night (pics to come), and am about 25% done with my scarf:
(Colors are not all that accurate.) Last year was a cooler year than usual, with February being the coldest month (and the only one without a 70-degree day, I think). Plus there was a record low the day before my birthday (the high was 48)--easy to remember because Mark and the Thursday knitters threw a surprise party for me, and it was a pretty miserable day! Charting the temperatures has helped me master yet another realm of minutiae. ;)
The other main thing I accomplished today, other than a bit of cleaning, was a quick butternut squash sauce with leftovers in desperate need of use. I might not take the trouble to make it if I didn't have squash already roasted, but it worked out well over sautéed chicken and egg noodles. I think I'm going to make pizza tomorrow...and while I have the yeast and flour out, maybe I'll get some no-knead bread started. It does make excellent toast.

No comments:
Post a Comment