Monday, January 6

Stir crazy

We definitely should've tried to go out today...but when it finally stopped raining it was almost time for Rosina's nap. And I'm not going out tomorrow unless it's absolutely necessary. I could lie and say it's because my kid has no body fat, but nope, it's just too damn cold. I have no idea how the Jetta's glow plug and engine would react at nine degrees. It almost makes me want to go out and start the car in the morning to see how long the glow plug indicator stays on. Almost. So yeah, everybody bundle up!  I foresee drinking a lot of tea tomorrow.  Oh wait, that's every day. It will definitely be a good day to make sauce. I may even make homemade pasta--it would keep me in the warm kitchen, in any case. 

I have taken time off knitting for the past few days to rest my wrists. I am about to start a new sample project, and it will be knit at a fairly tight gauge, so I need the break now! That green fiber is working up  pretty quickly (or maybe I've just finally gotten the hang of this drop-spindling thing), and will be nice to return to when I need a break from the sample. 

Speaking of the fiber crafts: I suppose I can't be the last one to know about the Yarncraft alums' new (non-fibery) blog and podcast. Pretty good so far!  I knew I liked them for a reason. They are funny and definitely not G-rated (not that I mind). I've also started listening to Neil DeGrasse Tyson's podcast--relevant to my interests and funny!  Eugene Mirman, man. 

In Anglophilic news, I am down to my last Mma Ramotswe book. :/ On a happier note, Downton Abbey!  Carson FTW. Business as usual for Thomas! Grr, that stupid maid. Poor Anna and Bates...and Molesley!  Oh man...  I am excited about the guest stars for this season. Kiri Te Kanawa as Nellie Melba!  (I'm guessing there is a lot of overlap between opera nerds and Downton fans.)



No comments: