Tuesday, December 31

Party like it's 2049

Despite really wanting to go to that New Year's party, we just couldn't make it out tonight. Mark is still not feeling well, and my neck is bad enough that driving will be uncomfortable for a few more days. We had a really good time last year, and were sorry to miss it. :/ So we will be ringing in the new year with Aleve and NyQuil instead of champagne...  It's more like a regular Tuesday night around here, with the pleasant bonus of not having to get up early tomorrow. The house is a mess, and I think Mark wants to take the tree down tomorrow, so it will mainly be a day of cleaning and packing up. 

Resolutions?  Experience had proven that it's good to err on the conservative side here. :)  So while I'd like to say that 2014 will be the year I get back into a size 16 (a very doable goal--and it could well have happened this year if my hormones hadn't decided to go haywire, again...), I'm going to go with composting. I'd been doing it for a while when I got pregnant and lost the energy, and when Rosina was small I was a bit nuts about protecting her from mosquitos (not that they didn't munch on her anyway!).  Now she's even big enough to help!  I have to locate and clean the little indoor container, and may preemptively fill our now-empty outdoor container with some dead leaves since it should be in the 50s tomorrow. 

Still working on the hat, but the end is in sight. I sure hope it doesn't look dopey on me...

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

I need to get back down to a size....well, something smaller than I am. I'm hanging around in a 22/24 right now and I don't like that much. So, I think my "goal" right now is an 18 but anything helps, really.

Also, it's the Year of The Stash. I hope...