Monday, December 2

He sees you when you're sleeping

Sitting at the dining room table while Rosina eats ice cream and I enjoy some apple cider herbal tea (okay, but doesn't touch the real thing). I need to finish the dishes, but my bellydance class was tough tonight and I needed a break!  

Mark put up our meager array of lawn decorations yesterday, but while I was at class tonight he put out the yuppie window candelabras, so we are starting to look a bit festive here. We are going up to Maryland the weekend after next to spend the weekend with my parents and my brother's family (I know--I was so relieved to think that with my parents' move I'd never again experience the Ocean City Winterfest of Lights, and here we are again, for the fourth year in a row), so I need to get a bit of holiday shopping done this week. My mother better let me know soon whether to make mittens or hats for my nieces, or else that's not happening...I am a really fast knitter, but does she think I shoot them out of my ass or something? (Gross, sorry.) I think for my parents and brothers (and wives) I'm going to make some sugar scrub (also good for men with rough hands!), and Mark's been planning for years to make this salve his mother liked, so this may be the year. I have a tradition of giving my father something with sulfites for Christmas--we'll just have to see what  type of fancy olives Costco has this year!

I'm making some socks for Mark--fairly boring ribbed ones, since the yarn is slightly busy--but I haven't figured out what else to get him yet.  Hmm, maybe a gift certificate to the beermaking store?  He and Fritz haven't made beer in a really long time, but Fritz is finishing up his MBA now so they should have more time soon. 

No comments: