Monday, December 23

With the wassailing bowl we'll drink to thee

I'm actually drinking jasmine green tea, though wassail would be nice right now!  Don't know why that song popped into my head. I did have this crazy thought about caroling around the neighborhood, but it's going to be cold for the next few days. Also, I am feeling pretty gross. I am happy to be able to sleep in tomorrow!  As it is, I have more dishes to do, but my back is unhappy so I'm taking a tea break. 

Can I complain about something very minor, but just really arbitrary?  For three of the four Fox shows I watch, Hulu just deleted or Hulu-plussed a whole bunch of episodes that just last week were listed as being available for at least a month. I mean, what the hell?!  If I'd known they were gonna pull this shit, I'd have watched those five episodes of Bones last week. It was about a dozen episodes of three different shows!  All I know is, they'd best not touch my Glee.  It's bad enough that The Mindy Project is going on hiatus. 

In non-whiny news, I decided to start a second mitten on size 8 needles, and I like it a lot better. It will mean knitting three mittens instead of two, but they'll be a lot more comfortable!  I am on the thumb row now:


I have also started reading the penultimate Precious Ramotswe book. I am really going to miss these characters!  For the first time in my life, I almost feel compelled to write fanfic. Almost. Besides, Botswana is practically a character in these books, and having never been there, it'd be some pretty lame fanfic. Even in a world where Fifty Shades of Grey is a thing. Anyway, if you've never read anything by Alexander McCall-Smith, I recommend these!


No comments: