Sunday, December 22

Domestic activities

Two loads of laundry (including diapers), present wrapping, minor straightening-up, dishes, rotisserie chicken enchiladas...and stock currently in the works out of the aforementioned chicken. Not bad for an eerily warm day (79--record high), most of which I spent feeling lightheaded and craving Almond Joys. Or better yet, the Almond Joy frozen custard they used to make at that stand in Wilmington.  With a side of Cool Ranch Doritos. Seasonale is proving to be more like "Annuale" than expected...

But look!  I finished Rosina's doll!

...
...
(Forgive the wine rack in the background.) Hoping to blow a toddler mind. The pattern was technically supposed to be Cinderella--the Disney version, even, with a light blue dress and tiara--but since Rosina's only Disney exposure so far is The Rescuers (yet somehow she knows who Mickey Mouse is--Jungian collective unconscious?), I felt no need to be specific. At this point the doll could be an anachronistically-dressed sorority girl, for all she knows. Or Mommy on a performance day. Hmm, I like that one. Needs earrings, though. 

No comments: