Monday, December 30

"You'll save much more on every brand..."

I suppose today was a fairly normal Monday, except that Mark was off work and I still don't have dance classes for the next two weeks. This meant a trip to the playground this afternoon, and also that I actually got to my Starbucks knitting group at a reasonable time for once. I started a new hat pattern, since the one I made last week really is too small. I just have this thing about hats needing to cover my ears... Anyway, it's in the ubiquitous green Lopi--on size 10s this time, but there's a large cable section that is killing my hands as much as those stranded mittens did. The Temperature Scarf is going well (I do wish I'd had some purple worsted weight, but it's not terrible, and it gives the scarf more of a rustic, Tom Baker-y feel that I kind of like), and at least it doesn't seem to be bothering my hands. Once this hat situation is addressed (I really do need a proper hat, after all), I really need to take a brief knitting break. Spinning should be okay, I think. 

I've also been having lots of trouble with my neck the last few days. I really need to get back into my neck and back exercises. It may prevent one night's bad sleep position from causing days of pain. I have a date with a percussion massager  in a few minutes...

Um, what else did I do today?  Mostly boring things--work, dishes. Rosina used the word "noisy" today, which was cute. Also, I went grocery shopping on my way home tonight; I wanted to make a few things for the party tomorrow night. Harris Teeter is having some stock-up sales that rival the ShopRite "can-can" days of yore... 

No comments: