Well, everything got done--and on time, even. We all had a lovely Christmas. Rosina was very excited about her tricycle (though it will be at least six months until she's tall enough to use it!), and has been having a lot of fun with her Ikea train set and child-size table and the tea set. She is less interested in the doll I developed carpal tunnel from making, but I'm sure she'll warm up to it. (If not, I will grumble, but I think my niece would love it.) Mark picked up his sister from the airport while the roast was in the oven, and it was a great visit! (Evidence: Rosina crying, "Lisa, Lisa..." when we dropped her off at the airport. It may take a few days before she gets over it.) We even got up to Hillsborough and its lovely yarn shop. I have decided to take the plunge and make a Color Affection, despite the 1200 yards of garter stitch, so I picked up a skein of Malabrigo Sock (in either Azules or Aguas--I can't remember right now) to go with an Eggplant skein I already have and a skein of KnitPicks Bare Fingering Superwash that's been hanging around forever. I will probably be working on another sweater sample next month (in worsted, thankfully), so I may not get to this for a bit.
And speaking of garter stitch, I am about to restart my Temperature Scarf--probably in garter stitch this time instead of seed stitch. The yarn I initially picked for the purple stripe was more of a brownish-red than purple, and surprisingly, I don't have any worsted-weight purple wool! I have purple fingering leftover from the sweater sample, but it's on a cone and I don't want to have to measure it out and double it. There are going to be enough ends to sew in on this thing! Anyway, I've decided to try some Cascade 128 Tweed I got from a destash. Hopefully the sixty rows of aran/bulky will not stick out too badly in a 730-row scarf. I did finish the mittens on size 8s, and they may even be a little bigger than I need after blocking (ugh, tight mittens are no fun). I also dashed off a quick hat to replace my sadly lost Scotty hat, but I think it's too small and may need to frog it. :/
For whatever reason, we are all really run-down. Mark has been sleeping for most of the afternoon, and I kind of went in and out earlier while waiting for Rosina to settle down for her nap. I hope we're not getting sick! We're going to a kid-friendly New Year's party on Tuesday, and I don't want to have to cancel!
No comments:
Post a Comment