Tuesday, December 10

O Tannenbaum

The tree is up, if not yet decorated. Rosina kind of lost her shit when she saw it. :)  Anyway, a bit of cleaning happened, but much more is needed--and the bare minimum will certainly be done by Friday morning. We have been trying to get a picture of Rosina for our holiday card, but the light just hasn't been right. We'll still have time when we get back, so I'm not too worried. 

Put in another fairly long morning with work. Hopefully this was the last one for a while. I've well more than made up for the two hours I'll miss on Friday--and I may get a call while I'm gone. I shouldn't complain--I certainly don't mind the money--but I will be pleased when all this reorganization is finished. 

Saw the cutest picture of Cathy's daughter today!  I love it when you can see the parents' features in their babies--especially when they look more like the one parent and then something from the other pops out. I may not want to put her down when I finally see her!  It's funny, when I held my friend Erica's baby a few weeks ago, it was lovely--but my ovaries were silent. I guess I really did only want one kid!  Haha! No, I guess I feel the same way about babies as I do about pets--I love them and they're awesome, but I see no need to have (another) one of my own. As if the one I had didn't keep me on my toes!

Tomorrow: ugh, get Mark's car inspected, go to the library (finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?; still can't shake that I've read it before), pick up a few things for the trip, assemble gift baskets and wrap presents, find a dinner recipe worthy of the feta in the fridge so I can use it before we go. I've finished the mittens, got done with the messy part of a large felting expedition, and started the ornament project. I am about ten rows from the heel on Mark's socks, but since they're a surprise, I will need something else to work on for the trip. The doll for Rosina is crocheted, as are the aforementioned ornaments, and I can't crochet at such a tight gauge for very long. I have a few things in mind, but I need to plan...

No comments: