I swear, Cathy, if you give that sangria-sodden picture of me to anybody...well, I don’t know what I’d do. Perhaps I could counter with something from your menswear or bodysuit phases.......
Anyway, I apologize for not posting in so long. It’s been a long, long week. Everything is generally good, but I’ve been really busy. I’m trying to work on Christmas shopping and grad school applications and new music all at the same time (plus I’m making some of the presents, which takes even longer). Stress! One good thing that’s happened is that finally, after 6 ½ months of temping for the same company, I am finally an official, permanent employee. Hooray! I’ll even get health insurance on January 1st. (First stop: the gynecologist. Whoopee.) Unfortunately, though, somebody else is being laid off so I can stay here—and that somebody happens to be a friend of mine. Nobody’s supposed to know yet, and it doesn’t take effect until the beginning of the year, but it still sucks. I swear, I didn’t do anything to stab her in the back! It has to do with her moving out of the area early next year, and her position possibly being eliminated due to shakeups within the company...but I just think it’s terrible. I feel bad for my supervisors, who were told by upper management that they had to choose between the two of us. How obnoxious is that? I dunno...I’m just tired of hearing about (and experiencing) layoffs. But fear not! The holiday season is almost upon us, and all that Harry Potter memorabilia will revitalize a sluggish economy, right? If it looks like bullshit, and it smells like bullshit...
I have a lesson tomorrow (I think—she didn’t cancel it) and I haven’t practiced. I need to write my personal statements for my grad school applications. I need to finish my Christmas presents. I need to buy plane tickets. I need to bake the meringues for Thanksgiving dinner. I need to do laundry. I need to clean my room. I need to get more sleep. I am just going nuts here. AIEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Okay, now I can relax a little bit. But those personal statements worry me...what if my reasons for pursuing a performance degree aren’t good enough for those grad school people? I’m afraid to even start them, I think. And that probably won’t happen until next week, when the holiday visitors have left. Hoo. Okay, I’ll figure all this out.....
No comments:
Post a Comment