It’s time for me to grow up—to realize that relationships are complicated; that not everybody is going to be my friend, no matter how nice or obliging I am; that right now my career should be in my top three priorities, and that my JOB is not my career; that people sometimes have to sacrifice short-term fun in favor of long-term benefits; that sometimes people act really petty or tacky, and they don’t even realize they’re putting somebody out. These are things which I am still learning.
I think I’m getting sick. My throat hurts, my nose is stuffy, I feel warm, and I’m really tired. It’s way too early for me to slow down. I better not be getting sick—I have my first lesson with Nancy King tomorrow, and I have a solo in church on Sunday. What the hell?! Maybe I just need to get some extra rest. When I get home I’ll take a nap, then I’ll work on my applications—it doesn’t look like I’ll be doing any singing tonight. I could fall asleep right now, right at my desk. That’d be a bad idea. I can’t get sick though. Not allowed!
In other news—have I mentioned that Mark is great in the sack? :)
(Not that you needed to know that...)
p.s. I'm actually relieved that yesterday's plane crash was due to a design flaw. At least we know not to get on Airbus planes...
No comments:
Post a Comment