Okay, I tried to do this last night, but for some reason it wouldn’t let me. I have created this website as a way to stay in contact with certain people who I never see. And I’ve been really bad at calling people lately. Yes, we’ve all been very busy lately, but that’s no excuse. So this will be a good way for me to keep in touch—and it’s a way for me to keep a journal. And I don’t mind if you read it. (And I promise to change the background colors soon. I’m not loving the neon green.)
Thank you to Helen for calling this website to my attention. I am an avid reader of “The (Mis)Adventures of Superfudgechunk”. It helps me pretend I have actually met Margaret Jean. Plus it stops me from worrying about you so much. (I do worry!!) Please don’t believe anything the government says. I get all my news from E! Entertainment Television, and look how far I’ve come. :) But seriously, I stopped watching national news around the end of September. Too much hate and fear and paranoia and hypocrisy in the world, and me stuck in North Carolina, utterly powerless. So I only learn the bare minimum as regards current events. You know, warning signs that I have anthrax, why I should hate Rumsfeld, etc. And everything else I leave alone. Nothing I can do, why worry about it? I’m just going on with my life. However callous that sounds, that’s the only way I know I’d be able to function. So I’m functioning just fine (though I’m kind of tired today: the opera was in town last night, and it didn’t get out until 11pm). I will be voting with my money, though; that’s easy enough. What do you all think about purchasing goods made by Afghan refugees—with a feminist organization as the middle[woman]? Is that helping, or does it inadvertently foster exploitation? Let me know what you think...
So my life is currently as follows: work, Mark, singing, diet, football. It’s a full life, and everything is mostly great. I have a good job that I like and it pays well. I have a wonderful boyfriend. I have a paid church job and am about to start studying with a great teacher, and am in the process of applying to graduate programs. I have lost 12 pounds in under 6 weeks with L.A. Weight Loss. The Jets are 5-3. Good, right? Yeah, except that nothing is quite right. Well, everything with Mark is right, but I’ll have to leave him when I go back to school, and even though that’s almost a year away, it still scares me a bit. I’ve been at my job for over six months, and am still a temp. The president of the company has to sign off on adding my position, and he is actually in the country right now, but it hasn’t happened yet, and I have my fears. Speaking of which—I’m getting extremely nervous about my auditions. Am I prepared enough? Will they like me? Do I have enough experience? As far as the diet goes, it’s just a daily battle. Some of the people at the center really piss me off—they tend to get preachy, like my mother. That is NOT what I need to hear, you know? And it’s really hard to eat out with other people, when all they want is Mexican or Italian and I can’t have pasta or chips or salt. I should mention that Mark has been an absolute doll about it so far—he’s the only person I’ve ever met who knows how to deal with me when I’m having a temper tantrum. (The right method: wait patiently for me to get it out of my system, which usually takes about five minutes. Then I’ll apologize profusely, and everything will be back to normal.) Have I mentioned how much I love him? Whole lots. I really want you to meet him. So far he’s gotten everybody’s seal of approval, but yours matters the most, really.
Well, I shouldn’t be doing this at work, but I’ll write again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment