Well, now I'm on Vocal Rest. It's my own damn fault, really. I was feeling a bit better yesterday, so I thought I would go over some of my scene (mostly from memory!) and some new Brahms lieder--and it was too much, too soon. I knew when I left campus yesterday that I had overdone it, and today I sound crappy. So no unnecessary talking today or tomorrow, and we'll see how I am on Friday. Friday is the wedding rehearsal! And Saturday is the wedding! I don't want to screw up Amanda's wedding, just because I felt like testing my voice. Plus I want to be able to have fun, but I'll feel nervous about using my voice. And forget about drinking--other than toasts, I am sticking with water and juice and herbal tea. Boring...
And Monday is the first day my scene will be rehearsing. I'm excited, but a little worried. Besides my vocal problems, it appears that I'm the only person who's really spent any time with this music--everyone else has been busy doing other things. So it's going to be slow going. Plus my romantic partner in the scenes apparently has trouble memorizing music, and got into a big fight with our professor last night (about his being overextended...). I'm going to try to let it all roll off my back. This is what I came here to do, right? And while it sucks that other people aren't able to take this as seriously as I do, at least I can give this my best and know that people will be entertained. I've got three weeks of hard work in front of me...
Oh, and I just found out that I have to sing an audition aria in class on Tuesday. I never get a break, do I? Welcome to grad school...
In other news...I had a dream about Helen the other night. We were together in Greensboro, and we were outside a pizza place (which doesn't exist, I don't think), when she said she was very thirsty. So I went inside to get her a ginger ale. It was like 95 degrees outside, and she was very pregnant and only wearing a big, tent-like tanktop and panties (?), yet she did not want to go inside the dark, air-conditioned pizza place. I had to wait a while for the soda, and while I was there I ran into this guy I used to work with at IKA. We were catching up (and talking about where we get our hair cut, actually) when I noticed that Helen wasn't doing so well outside--she was sweating profusely, and wiping her forehead with the hem of her tanktop. But she wasn't wearing anything underneath, so it was just her pregnant goodies out there for the world to see. I was horrified and wanted to go outside to stop her, but then they told me the soda was ready. Then I woke up. Is this weird or what??
No comments:
Post a Comment