Sunday, September 14

Okay, now I can tell you what's been going on...

Two weeks ago I had some unexplained spotting (which never happens to me)--I put that together with some serious fatigue, and became convinced that I was probably pregnant. Mark and I freaked out and talked and freaked out some more, and then I went to Student Health and the test came back negative. Big sigh of relief. My period still hasn't started but I believe the PMS has, so it's only a matter of time. While I was with the doctor I got a prescription for the Pill so we don't have to go through this again. The entirety of last week is a blur to me. I was a mess. Now is just completely NOT the time for us to have a child. My career seems to be taking off (except I've been singing for shit lately, probably because of all that stress), and starting a family now would basically throw that out the window--sure, I could always come back to it, but how? Would I have to leave the kid with my parents so I could jet off for auditions? That's NOT how I want to do things. We were very seriously considering ending the pregnancy, frankly. It's really easy to talk about that as a concept when it's not personal, but when you really have to consider it...it's very intense. Anyway, it's over now, and I'm so glad.

On a happier note, Mark and I went ring shopping yesterday! We only went to one store, and it was just to see what kinds we both liked. Turns out we have the same taste. Now it's just a matter of Mark's saving the money. (As if I'm into big rings! "I like the pink ice," as you are aware...)

I think we are finally going to Carowinds next weekend. Hooray for roller coasters!

Today I pulled out my favorite red lipstick, which I don't usually wear in the summer. I feel like a '40s movie star when I wear it, and it only costs like $4. I love the autumn in the south. Well, I love it in the north, too, but it's too short...

That's enough disjointed stuff from me. I pretty much did zero schoolwork last week--anatomy of the larynx is hard enough when you're NOT worried about being knocked up--so I have to get caught up. Hope all are well...

p.s. My grandmother turns 70 tomorrow. She will always be about 56 in my mind...



No comments: