I'm about to leave campus and start heading for the airport. I don't mind flying so much as waiting in the security lines. I don't know why--it's not as if I'm trying to smuggle hashish or something. Problems with authority figures, I suppose. And twice I've almost missed planes because of long lines and/or being picked out for wanding. I like to have control over my destiny, which is why I like to drive and hate sitting in traffic.
Anyway, I'm starting to get a little nervous--the least of which is with the actual audition itself. All those pieces are as well in place now as they will be tomorrow. It's more the logistics: what if I miss my train? What if I get on the subway the wrong way? (It's happened, as Helen remembers.) I was having some packing drama as well--I have to bring all my bags with me to the Friday audition, so I limited myself to one overnight bag and my smallish purse. I generally pride myself on my packing prowess, but this is out of control. I had to sqeeze my hairdryer and dress shoes in this bag. I'm not sure how I'm going to pack it up when I leave, at the Cincinnati audition site, in the bathroom, after I change out of my dress and heels. Good luck...
Anyway, I'm leaving. I'm not sure if I'll be able to write again before my Fletcher audition on Saturday, but I'll let you all know how things have gone.
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment