Can't complain. Other than some annoying allergies (and my employment status, of course), things are good. I just made the reservations for my January trip to Des Moines: I'm flying into Omaha and driving a bit over two hours one way, but for $100 off on the plane ticket, it's totally worth it. This will be the first time I've rented a car and stayed in a hotel by myself. Mark thinks of traveling as an adventure--his doe-eyed enthusiasm for life is at the same time nauseating and totally adorable (Eagle Scout!). That's a great way to think about it, but it's difficult to keep in mind when you're hyperventilating in the security checkpoint line... Another thing I love about Mark is how organized and methodical he tries to be--this is why we work so well together. For my trip to NYC I adopted his technique of putting all pertinent logistic information in a report cover--everything's right there. And you print out the maps and directions from MSN and put them in there, too. And for my personal needs, I think I'll shorthand the directions on a Post-It and stick them to the steering wheel. This is fun, actually! I am so sick.
I had a recitative rehearsal for COSI today. I'm so glad I'm not so creeped out by the director anymore. I mean, he's strange and all, but I feel mostly comfortable alone with him now. Nearly as comfortable as with any man who's not friends or family, anyway. Anyway...tomorrow the cast is meeting at his house to watch THE MATRIX. Oh, did I not mention it? Yeah, well, we're doing an updated version (hereis the original story) in which we are teenagers who hang out in a shopping mall. (The director is trying to get The Gap or Banana Republic to sponsor us and get us clothes. Personally, I would rather get something less boxy and androgynous-looking--plus I could never get a pair of pants to fit there--but I may have no choice...) Instead of coming back disguised as Albanians, our fiances will be dressed like Neo from THE MATRIX. MOZART RELOADED, indeed... It's an idea that has a lot of layers, since the opera does question perceptions of reality, but I'm still not sure about it. I just don't want it to be too cheesy, even if we are performing for kids...
I have to get to the post office.
No comments:
Post a Comment