Since I have nothing better to do (kidding), I though I'd do Erik's quiz:
[Name] Jennifer
[Nickname] Whatever people choose to call me, I suppose. Jen, I guess, not that I like it all that much.
[Screen name] contessajen on LiveJournal, not that I post there.
[Age] 26
[Astrological sign?] Aries
[Chinese zodiac sign?] Snake
[Location] North Carolina
[Sexual Preference] Straight with curves...
[Marital Status] De facto engaged. I asked, he said yes, but he wants to do it...
[Religion] Cafeteria Catholic
[Eye color] brown ("chocolate brown" on my CV)
[Height] 5'4"
[Shoe size] 8-9, depending on toe width.
[Parents still together?] Yes, by some miracle.
[Siblings?] Two younger brothers.
[ Nieces/Nephews? ] Not for a long time.
[ Kids of your own?] Within the next decade, I suppose.
[ Grandkids?] Hah!
[ Pets?] I'm not responsible enough. I would love to get a dog, but they need so much care and supervision and attention that I just don't have time to give right now. I really want a puppy, though.
[ In school/graduated?] AB in music, MM in vocal performance in May
[ Rent, lease, or own your home?] Rent
[ Have any credit cards?] Visa check card, Mastercard (platinum!)
[ What do you drive?] Rolla, the burgundy '94 Corolla with 108,000 miles
Preferences
[ Color ] red, green, violet
[ Number ] 5
[ Animal ] Cf. dog rant. I like cats OK, but my father always says if they were any bigger, they would think of us as prey...
[ Vehicle ] Toyota or Honda, compact sedan or hybrid.
[ Flower ] Hyacinth...they always remind me of Easter.
[ Scent ] Noa by Cacharel, or Coty Dulce Vanilla. Or sandalwood.
[ Shape ] Figure 8
[ Drinks ] L.I. Iced Tea! Or hard cider, or Guinness.
[ Coke or Pepsi ] Coke, but in a can or bottle (not fountain-style).
[ Book ] The Waste Lands from the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.
[ Band ] Can I say Ani DiFranco?
[ Song ] How could I choose?! My favorite Protestant hymn tune is Slane ("Be thou my vision," et al.).
Do you...
[ Color your hair? ] I used to, but why bother? It's fine the way it is.
[ Twirl your hair? ] No, but I do twirl my moustache. ;)
[ Have tattoos? ] Not yet. I sure am glad I didn't get that barcode tattoo on my ass...
[ Piercings? ] Three in each ear (top two closed) and one inner labia (which I think is still open. All the guys who've ever seen it have thought it was creepy. Even the guy with the nipple piercings. Which was totally hot, by the way.)
[ Have a boyfriend/girlfriend? ] Three years in January!
[ Cheat on tests/homework? ] There may have been an AP Bio quiz or two.
[ Drink/Smoke? ] About once a week/almost never.
[ Like roller coasters? ] Love love LOVE.
[ Wish you could live somewhere else? ] In Raleigh, with my sweetie.
[ Want more piercings? ] No thank you. And Mark refuses to get his nipples pierced.
[ Like cleaning? ] Not particularly.
[ Write in cursive or print?] Print, but all my letters are connected anyway.
[ Carry a donor card? ] Indeed. I'm on the marrow donor list, too.
[ Swear a lot? ] Fuck yeah. And I have my college friends to blame.
[ Own a web cam? ] No.
[ Know how to drive? ] It took long enough.
[ Diet? ] Do I breathe?
[ Own a cell phone? ] I held out, but now I couldn't imagine life without it.
[ Ever get off the damn computer?] Eventually.
Have you ever...
[ Gotten a speeding ticket?] No, but I did get snapped by one of those SafeLights.
[ DUI?] No, but I ran into a checkpoint a few weeks ago and was shitting a brick...
[ Been in a car accident? ] Yes--the first was my fault (car-->wall), the second was not (high schooler not paying attention).
[ Been arrested? ] No.
[ Been in a fist fight? ] Not unless you count my brothers.
[ Kicked someone in the nuts? ] My brother, and Ryan S., in the lunch line in 8th grade.
[ Stolen anything? ] Yes.
[ Held a gun? ] No, and I don't plan to.
[ Drank? ] Not so much recently, but I can tie it on.
[ Been so drunk you couldn't remember your name?] No, but I've forgotten other people's names...
[ Considered a life of crime? ] God no.
[ Cheated on someone? ] Never ever.
[ Been married? ] No.
[ Cried over a girl?] I don't think so.
[ Cried over a boy? ] Oh yes.
[ Lied to someone? ] Though I'm not very good at it.
[ Been in love? ] Three times, I think.
[ Fallen for your best friend (of the opposite sex)? ] No.
[ Made out with JUST a friend? ] Can we count Cowboy?
[ Been rejected? ] Yuck.
[ Been in lust? ] I'm always in lust.
[ Used someone? ] You mean physically? Maybe once or twice.
[ Been used? ] I believe so.
[ Been cheated on? ] No. But they wouldn't live to tell about it...
[Experimented with homosexuality?] Less than I wanted to.
[Current mood] Conflicted
[Current music] Five-note descending scales. I don't know why.
[Current taste] Steak!
[Current hair] I haven't looked in the mirror. It smells good, though.
[Current annoyance] Trying to fly out to Des Moines in January for two days.
[Current smell] That coconut shampoo's all I notice.
[Current thing I ought to be doing] Practicing.
[Current windows open] Five Internet windows.
[Current desktop picture] I'm at school, so it's a picture of the library.
[Current favorite band] Neil Diamond.
[Current book] Black House by Stephen King and Peter Straub. (Dark Tower-related, of course)
[Current cds in stereo] Last 2 Ani and Tori CDs, Jessye Norman, Black Crowes
[Current favorite celeb] The rough-and-tumble Colin Farrell. Speaking of tumble...
[Current hate] Not with Mark!
[Current job] Temporarily laid-off receptionist for general contractor.
The last time....
[Last book you read] Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
[Last movie you saw] Matrix: Revolutions. Such a shame!
[Last thing you had to drink] Diet 7-up, which is not as good as Diet Sprite.
[Last thing you ate] This ghetto trail mix I made (half peanuts, half raisins).
[Last person you talked to on the phone] Mark, this morning.
Do you.....
[Do drugs?] Nicotine about once a year, caffeine and alcohol about once a week, nothing harder since that intense hallucinogenic experience in 2000...
[Have a dream that keeps coming back?] I'm always running/hiding from either fallout or some sort of secret police. I guess I'm a Cold War baby.
[Play an instrument?] Trombone for three years, voice lessons for 10 years, piano for several months.
[Believe there is life on other planets?] There must be.
[Remember your first love?] Yes. He was really immature but sweet in his own way.
[Still love him/her?] Do we ever stop loving people?
[Read the newspaper?] I look at Mark's paper online most days, and read the weekend papers when I'm at his place.
[Have any gay or lesbian friends?] Are you kidding? I'm in opera.
[Believe in miracles?] I believe there are things we don't understand...
[Believe it's possible to remain faithful forever?] I plan on it...
[Consider yourself tolerant of others?] I'm a little too intolerant of the intolerant. :)
[Consider love a mistake?] No way!
[Have a favorite candy?] Anything involving chocolate and peanut butter.
[Believe in astrology?] It's for entertainment purposes only!
[Believe in magic?] Cf. miracles.
[Believe in God?] Yes.
[Do well in school?] A-minuses make me sad.
[Go to or plan to go to college] I am now.
[Wear hats?] Occasionally, on bad hair days.
[Hate yourself?] There are days I don't like myself very much, but hate is a strong word for it.
[Have an obsession?] I'm a bit of a germ phobe. Me and my Purell! It comes partly from being a singer trying to avoid getting sick and partly from my mother's nurse stories.
[Collect anything?] I like old music books--textbooks, history books.
[Have a best friend?] Helen and Cathy and Mark.
[Close friends?] Yes.
[Like your handwriting?] When I'm not in a hurry.
[Care about looks?] To an extent.
So I got an e-mail from the Des Moines opera people saying that I have an audition in Iowa in January, but I'm not sure I can afford it. The plane ticket alone is over $300. And it's an 18-hour drive from here, which I'm not sure I can handle. (Through the Midwest, in January.) I need to talk the whole thing out with Mark--maybe we can figure something out.
My teaching demo went pretty well today. I'm just glad it's over with...
No comments:
Post a Comment