I know I haven't updated in a while, for various reasons (library being closed, logistical stuff, etc.), but the big news is:
I was right! Mark did propose at CASABLANCA on the battleship last weekend. In front of like 300 people. There was even a letter to the editor in the paper about it. The ring is gorgeous, of course. More importantly, I have my baby forever!
It's all still a bit of a blur, and sometimes I forget. And now we're starting to make guest lists and stuff, because we need to have a basic number in order to book a church and a place for the reception, so we can start sending out announcements and stuff. We're looking at next April (a good month in Wilmington, and it almost never rains). My mother is very excited, of course. I hope this becomes an opportunity for us to get closer, not less so. I think it will be a good thing. Anyway, more details about the whole thing will follow.
And in other news (yes, there is other news!), the first dress rehearsal for my recital was earlier this afternoon. I think it went pretty well--still some things to work on, but it's really coming together. It's a good thing I learn music quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment