Monday, April 30

Check out the blog I just added to my link bar, courtesy of Dress a Day--snarky feminism, I love it! (And a nice balance to Perez Hilton.)

Mark was offered a really great job here in town last week--but the money wasn't right, so they're going to see if they can come up with more. (Perhaps by selling one of the 42-inch wall-mounted flat-screen plasma TVs in the office? Seriously, Mark said their office was kind of gadget-happy...) I'm a little ambivalent about staying here (for a year or two, at least), but at this point in my career I can be a little flexible. We barbecued with friends last night, and my friend R. (an excellent singer and teacher who's about to go back to school for a completely unrelated degree) said that if she were going to stick with performing, at this point she would spend extended periods in New York--networking, studying, coaching, auditioning... The voice-type change appears to have taken--I still have to work on the whole heavier mix around the lower passaggio issue, but there's no reason at all I can't start doing unmanaged auditions for regional companies. Especially because there are a lot of comprimario/sidekick roles in my new fach. But this means spending a few weeks in New York this summer, then another month in November. It's yet another paradigm shift for me... I have a coaching today (my New York coach is in town), and I definitely will discuss all of this with her...

In knitting news, Cathy's present is done! (So no pictures yet, but I'm pretty happy with it.) Right now I'm redoing the lower ribbing on the Cathode in the contrasting yarn, which ought to keep me busy this week...

No comments: