Friday, April 13

Could it be that spring is back? I couldn't be happier. Especially considering our vacation next week--we're spending five days in a cabin in the way western part of the state. The town is closer to the capitals of five other states (Atlanta, Montgomery, Nashville, Frankfort and Columbia) than it is to Raleigh. The cabin itself is really secluded--it's on five acres, and has a stream and a pond stocked with trout. (Mark plans to do some fishing--but he wants to use a stick and a piece of string with a safety pin. Yes, I married an Eagle Scout.) We'll do some hiking--and one day we'll ride Segways--but it'll be nice just to be alone, away from traffic and the neighbors' video games and ringing phones...and the computer, too.

More pictures. Here's the sweater from the Seventies-vintage Mademoiselle crafting book I bought last November:



Another frogged masterpiece, naturally (cf. the lace cardigan that came out five sizes too wide!). The sleeves were originally twice as belled--I shit you not, and they already get in the way!--so I made them narrower. Mark took pictures of me in it, but I'm feeling fat these days so I decided not to post them. :( (Ja, have I mentioned that I've gained TEN POUNDS since starting my shots?! I just can't afford to gain any more weight. This really sucks. I'm trying not to think about it.)



And here is One Point Four, all ready for seaming. I think I'll have to frog a bit of the top of the sleeves to make the neckline even--but considering how much tinkering I've had to do so far that's really a minor concern. I just have to finish the seaming, then do some ribbing for the neckline. I have my fingers crossed on this one...



Behold half of a HUMONGOUS skein I bought the other day--more than half a mile of yarn I wound up into two center-pull balls. My vacation project is Cathode, which I've been wanting to make for a long time. Not sure if I'm doing the contrasting trim or if I'll just do everything with the boucle and the larger needle. (Damn you and your tinkering!)

Enough about me and yarn. I'll be gone for a week, but will have some great pictures when we get back.

p.s. I heard "All 4 Love" by Colour Me Badd on the radio yesterday. I know 1990 was a banner year for awful music, but there is no excuse for that song!! (Nor is there an excuse for substituting numbers for letters. Unless you're Prince, who is exempt from this rule on account of his being a badass.)

No comments: