Friday, April 27


Vacation Redux Time! (You can see the photos here...you may need to join Snapfish, but they're much more user-friendly for this sort of thing than Photobucket, which is totally annoying unless you're just posting a photo or two.) The above photo is just one of the amazing shots Mark took from the Cherohala Skyway, which links the Nantahala National Forest in North Carolina to the Cherokee National Forest in Tennessee.

Highlights of the vacation:
Sunday: It was snowing pretty hard when we arrived, so we stayed inside and Mark built a fire.
Monday: Our anniversary--we took it easy, explored the property, and had a nice dinner out.
Tuesday: Segway day! I was pretty scared at first but I got the hang of it eventually. We had a "weenie roast" over a campfire for dinner, at Mark's request.
Wednesday: We went to Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest (which was just beautiful) and took the loooong way back through Cherohala there. (Then we were tailgated for about 50 miles of switchbacks in Tennessee. Big fun.)
Thursday: We drove to the Tennessee-Georgia border, where two tiny towns straddle the line. Which is painted blue, and intersects the IGA parking lot, among other things. Later we visited the local TVA dam.
Friday: On the way back home we stopped in Dillsboro, this little artsy town where the Great Smoky Mountain railroad stops. Also, we stopped at this yarn store where I made a killing!

Ugh, and now I have been on the computer for way too long. There is some drama regarding La traviata, but I'm kind of avoiding that right now...

Also: The Tudors is AWESOME! I call it Edu-p@rn. (If only we had Showtime...but I did find a website where I can watch the episodes for free. Score!)

No comments: